Published by Shadow Mountain on September 20, 2014
Genres: Fantasy, Middle Grade
Source: Shadow Mountain
Buy the Book • Goodreads
Santa Claus has been kidnapped! Behind the plot are the fairy tale villains: an evil queen, a wicked stepmother, a beanstalk giant, and, of course, the mischievous Rumplestiltskin. They have a plan that will erase the term “Happily Ever After” from our storybooks forever.
To save the day, the fairy tale heroes must decide if they will sacrifice their happiness so that Santa can bring Christmas to all the children of the world. Christmas is almost here, and time is running out.
This is one of the most gorgeous covers and layouts I have ever seen for a middle grade book! All of your favorite fairy tale characters: Rumplestiltskin, Cinderella’s Wicked Stepmother, a giant and a Fairy Queen have joined together to form “the Clandestines”.” Their secret mission is to kidnap Santa Claus and create an ending of their own. The elves are overworked and need to unionize and Christmas may be in trouble! With black and white illustrations, fun text variations and plenty of action, this is a short, fun middle grade read. Santa and Rudolph meet their match in a mash up of villains and good guys. Perfect for an afternoon by the fire.
I love that part of the proceeds from the book, soundtrack and musical “go toward the costs of getting toys into the hands of kids.” And, I am anxiously awaiting the Copper Mine Club and Dinner Theatre’s songs which will be uploaded to www.Fairy Tale ChristmasMusical.com
Recommend for ages 8-12.
About the Authors
Michael McLean has released more than two dozen albums, has written, produced, and directed award-winning films and television commercials, and has annually presented his landmark Christmas production, The Forgotten Carols, based on his book, to sold-out audiences throughout the United States since 1991. He and his wife, Lynne, live in Heber Valley.
Scott McLean is an actor, songwriter, and playwright. A graduate of The American Academy of Dramatic Arts (NYC) and The National Theatre Conservatory
(Denver), Scott lives, creates, acts, and auditions in New York City.
- 11/03/14 – Sweetly Made Just for You
- 11/03/14 – Cutest Blog on the Block
- 11/03/14 – Sarah J. Clift
- 11/03/14 – Jullie Coulter Bellon
- 11/03/14 – Snogging on Sunday
- 11/03/14 – Getting Your Read On
- 11/04/14 – The Stylish Nest
- 11/04/14 – My Mommy Style
- 11/04/14 – I Love to Read and Review Books
- 11/04/14 – Cindy’s Love of Books
- 11/04/14 – Galanapalooza “The story is charming.”–Galanapalooza
- 11/05/14 – Someone in Mind
- 11/05/14 – Beth’s Book Reviews
- 11/05/14 – Thoughts in Progress
- 11/05/14 – Literary Time Out
- 11/05/14 – Raising Memories
- 11/05/14 – Lisa Book Worm
- 11/05/14 – The Things I Love Most
- 11/05/14 – I am a Reader
- 11/06/14 – Freda’s Voice
- 11/06/14 – Read a Lot
- 11/06/14 – Bonnie Gets a Say
- 11/06/14 – Lovebugs and Postcards
- 11/06/14 – Little Redheads
- 11/07/14 – LDS and Lovin’ it
- 11/07/14 – Ordinary Happily Ever After
- 11/07/14 – Jellybean Moments
- 11/07/14 – Emma Michaels